Is your moving day so close you can feel the sweat running down your brow like it will be on your moving day? Here’s the final checklist for the days leading up to your move and the day of your move.
- Finish packing. This is the time to make sure the majority of your belongings are packed, but you should leave out the essential items that you might use daily. Call it a “treat week” and go out to eat the few days prior to your move so that you can get some stress relief by having packed all your kitchen items.
- Finalize the moving date with your Alabama movers. We all know things with closing dates can change at a moment’s notice, so let your Alabama movers know that your moving date is still on. Or if it’s changed through the mortgage process, make sure to let your movers know right away so they can book your new moving date.
- Pack a suitcase. This suitcase should have essential items that you will want to keep with you as you travel to your new home. You should include a change of clothes, pajamas, toiletries, and medication if needed. The last thing you will want to do after traveling and moving all day is to try and hunt down your toothbrush when you are ready to go to bed!
- Take a walk-through with your movers. This is your time to make sure your movers know which items are leaving and which items might be staying. It also helps them see how they can most efficiently load your belongings onto the truck.
- Final walkthrough and lock up. Take a moment before you leave to look through all the closets, basement, and attic to make sure nothing was left behind. Take a few mental pictures and make sure everything is secure before locking the front door for the last time.
Are you in the market for a mover in Alabama? Lambert Transfer is one of the top companies for moving in Alabama. We’ve been around for 90 years. Call us at (334) 745-5706 to get in touch now.
Find your location below for more information!